Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Baby Boom has begun ...

Several of my nearest and dearest friends are pregnant right now along with me. Which has been amazing to be able to call and talk to them about plans/aches and pains/whatever in the last few months. We have been separated out by just a few weeks between each friend, so it's been neat to follow everyone's progression.

Well, the first of those friends, Ms. Shannon Slatton Schwatz, had her precious little one last night! At 12:45 a.m. I got a text message from the proud daddy (Dave) that Jack William came into the world kicking and screaming on March 8, 2010 at 10:53 pm. He weighed 6 lbs and 15 oz and is 20 1/2 inches long. Congrats to Shannon and Dave, they are wonderful, wonderful people and will have so much fun being parents! The best part is that they weren't finding out what they were having, so it was a double surprise to hear that we have another boy in the ranks!

Now ... up next is Annie and her little Landon (due April 10), then me and Jude, then Whitney (due July 12) with Henry. Following us all is my little sister Becky (due Sept. 12 or so) and then Jenny who hasn't found out her due date yet but she's thinking late Oct. early Nov. I have one other friend who is on the baby-trying wagon so we'll see if I get to add her name to the list soon! : )

Yay for babies, and congrats again to Shannon & Dave!

4 comments:

ooooo said...

It really does come in booms. When I had Derek it seemed like everyone I knew was having a baby too. BTW, we are so excited about this weekend!

Amber T said...

Fun! We can't wait to see everyone this weekend either! Maybe your baby-havingness will rub off on us! :0)

Anonymous said...

Ima be broke with all the showers hahaha! I'm so excited about all these kiddos coming into the world!!!

Dave and Shannon said...

Thanks Mary! We're adjusting to home life pretty well. Two words that are heaven-sent for a night's sleep: MIRACLE BLANKET. If you don't have this type of swaddler on your registry, get it on there! We tried two types, but this one works!

So excited for you guys :) Baby Jude is a lucky little guy.

6-Ten Yoga

--> 6:10 a.m. Yoga club. Well, that’s what I’ve named us anyway. My friend Jenny (who also happens to be our child care provider...