Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Much Needed Post ... 38 Weeks + 3 Days

So there is so much to talk about and I don't have a lot of energy to write it all out. First of all I had TWO great showers here in Florida from Cara & Jill and Jenny & Anne. One we had at our home and the other at The Clayhouse. They were both absolutely wonderful! I can't tell you how thankful I am for all my friends here in Florida and the love and kindness they showed us through the fun we had and the gifts they shared with Jude! Thanks to everyone who came out!

In other news we have been getting the house ready for Jude's big arrival. After our 36 Week ultrasound we found out that our little Jude is breech. He is happily head up and booty down and he did not want to be turned all around! So, we have a big day scheduled this Wednesday, May 26 @ 12 p.m. to meet our little boy through a c-section. Part of me is really disappointed about having a c-section, however I am relieved to know that he is breech now instead of laboring and finding out at the last minute. The only worry I have is going into labor before the 26th and freaking out about having an emergency c-section. However, since it's now only 3 days away, I'm starting to worry less.

My Mom and Martin's parents will be here Wednesday for the big event and so that worked out quite well too. Yesterday was my last "official" day at work, though knowing me I'll probably end up doing a little lite e-mail checking and such just to make sure things are going ok at the office. Martin and I spent most of today getting the house ready for company and Jude's home arrival. We still need to get the spare room cleaned up, hang up the laundry and do some vacuuming and mopping, but other than that the house is ready to go! Tomorrow will be spent finishing up these last few things, writing two stories I have out that I have put off way too long, and watching the season finale of LOST!

Next update will have photos from Jude's arrival!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Wow! Can't wait to see little Jude! Congrats! Y'all will be great! I will be praying for you on the 26th!

Amber T said...

You're so close now!! Can't wait to see the little guy and read all about how things went!!

ooooo said...

Don't forget to enjoy your last day of rest too!!!!!!! You guys are going to be great and I can't wait to meet Jude!

6-Ten Yoga

--> 6:10 a.m. Yoga club. Well, that’s what I’ve named us anyway. My friend Jenny (who also happens to be our child care provider...